Thread: I am gonna vent
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhibitman View Post
it really depends on the card and the timing. If the card is rare, you are justified in holding out for your price. Maybe you are wrong and the card won't sell, but maybe you are right and the card will sell to that collector who has to have one and is willing to pay up to get it. It is a calculated risk that can pay off. Worst case scenario, you end up with a great card to enjoy for a while. I don't consider that the same as having inventory of mainstream common stuff. That stuff needs to move, in and out, get the money back to work. But for rare cards, i am just dandy with waiting. When someone balks at my ask for that kind of card, i tell them to go find one. If they can, vaya con dios. If not, i am still here, but you will pay my price for the card or you won't own it. And if you come back then i know you cannot find it elsewhere so my willingness to compromise is going to be lower...because i know.

Sorry if that seems cold-blooded or mercenary, but i cheerfully admit to it. At least i am polite...

+100000