Thread: I am gonna vent
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:19 PM
Mark Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
I was being offered 900-1000 (because they knew I paid $750.

Would you sell a 1919 guess pass for a 25% profit? Be honest. And do you really think it's worth less than $1500?
If a dealer thought there was money to be made by paying more, they would have. They're goal is to make money so if they thought it was valuable enough to buy from you at say 1400 and sell in excess of say $1750 for a profit of at least 25% then I'm pretty sure every dealer would have jumped at that chance. They're in the business to make money, its all percentages to them. They dont care what they have to pay for an item, as long as they get it for under a certain percentage of what they feel the can comfortably sell it for and none of those dealers you offered it to felt the item was that valuable...the story spells that out. Just because you think its value is between $1500 and $5000 does not mean the market will bear out your valuation.

As for me? I wouldnt think to purchase that pin for anywhere close to what you paid for it. The market might prove me wrong and so be it. But a non-descript pin that simply says "1919 World's Series" on a generic baseball medallion...that makes no mention of the Reds, Cincinnati, the White Sox, or Chicago...just doesnt hold the value it does to me, that it apparently does to you. Just my opinion.