View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 03:05 PM

Default My contribution

Here are my three contributions. My Klusman card says "Denvers" on the photo while the picture in the Old Judge book shows the word "Denver" overwritten on the card. Does this make my card an error or variation or is this normal with Old Judge cards?

Also, I have a card of Ned Williamson. In the Old Judge book, the pose I have shows his name at the bottom of the card as "E Williamson" whereas the card I own shows it as "C W Williamson" again, is this an error or variation that is new or is this to be expected?

Finally, I bought all of my Old Judge cards at an estate auction about 20 years ago. The eight cards I bought are these three, the Williamson (Chicagos), Faatz (Cleveland), Van Haltren (Chicagos) plus an Anson, Ewing and a Rusie.

It seems odd that most of my cards are of players from the Midwest and West and not from the East Coast. Since these cards were purchased in Indiana, could it mean that if these stayed local all of these years, these were intentionally distributed in the Midwest?

OJ2.jpg

OJ3.jpg

OJ6.jpg
David

Last edited by ctownboy; 04-14-2017 at 03:23 PM.