View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 08:56 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxcat View Post
One last thing. Actually a couple.

Why do you assume that all sales in a private forum are under VCP? Why is VCP the holy grail of "pricing"?

It seems to be a fairly easy system to manipulate.

EX: someone has been hoarding Gem mint 196x Topps Johnny Cupo'coffee. They then conspire to inflate the price of said card through false sales on EBay and AH's.
Doesn't VCP track these sales and this increase the price of the card? All of a sudden Mr. Cupo'coffee's card goes from $X to $X^2.

Right I agree.. you can have your friend 'buy a card' from you as well...lots of ways to fake sale prices..

another way to fake inflate sale prices is to not be transparent....I can say I bought the card from a net54 member for $5000....but when you check the original listing the asking price was $4000......but if its deleted nobody would know...assuming the seller cant be reached by email or not respond..

if you are so worried about price manipulation than I think you would be in favor of transparency and seeing the asking prices...because how dare we even consider putting the sale price like ebay does on auctions...