View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Default OJ reprint that is almost too good to be true

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
Here is one of Runscott's reprints. I was elated to try to help in his endeavor (suggestions only-no real work) and this is the product that Scott developed. When I opened the professional looking box/pack they came in I immediately said "OH CRAP"....they look TOO good. So Scott and I spoke, and I agree now, that if anyone thinks these are real ones and buys them as such, then there is really not much help for them. They are oversized enough that there is almost (I just stuck "almost" in here) no way someone who has ever seen one would mistake it for a real one. When I put the front under a 4x magnifying glass you can not see the dot's that a lot of copies show. This is good. When I put it under a 15x loupe then you could definitely see them. There are none on real ones, obviously. I know this won't be the best thing to say but I must say that there will probably still be one/some of these that will try to be sold as a reprint in the future....but ya know what? There are already hundreds on there every year so why not at least try to do the right thing here? I think for the very small price (I told him they should be more, they are that good) these will be GREAT display pieces ....regards all
ps...he also sent a full list of the stats of each player to apply to the backs, if you want to