View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Dan Paradis

Default Another HOF RC collector bites the dust..

After a lot of thought I have decided to give up my impossible quest to obtain RC for every MLB player in the HOF. I believe I have real RC's for 185 of the 207 MLB players (no executives, managers, negro league, etc.).

The last 10% are just to difficult or expensive (or both). As I am making out my insurance check I realized, this is crazy! However, I don't regret one minute of the quest (I believe I started in 2006 buying a Sandy Koufax RC while on vacation). I learned so much about so many different card issues (I don't know anything about any vintage issue when I started). I also want to thank all of you who helped me with some of the tougher cards.

I will be keeping some of the collection (i.e. I'm still trying to complete a J Robinson Bond Bread collection) and I also plan on trying to complete a small pre-war set.

I'm still not sure how I plan on selling (auction house, ebay, N54), but you'll probably start seeing at least some of the cards on N54 soon. This is not a Hal Lewis or Sergio collection. They had single cards worth more than my entire collection! But I'm really proud of what I have.

I'm in no hurry to sell. Yes, it is going to be difficult to part with. Every time I think of listing a cards I say: I really don't want to sell that one!

BTW, my wife was disappointed when I told her last night.

I attached some pictures of my family room which is where the cards are displayed.

I want to give out a special thanks to Leon and all of the N54 members. Without the information and support I received here I wouldn't have even been able to get this collection of the ground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sports Memorabilia 014.jpg (75.1 KB, 929 views)
File Type: jpg Sports Memorabilia 022.jpg (73.4 KB, 926 views)