View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 11:52 AM
N
Banned

Posting story...
-I made a few T206 reproductions as I had in the past and posted them on eBay to make a few bucks, circa February 13th of this year.
-However, this time I made my listings very gray regarding authenticity and provenance of the cards.
-I thought at the time it would be a cool thing to do to perhaps earn a few more bids. I willingly chose to use an alternate account and I since recognize that as deceptive and wrong (changed username for clarification. current name: njdunkin_2, previous name: katie5831)
-The auction went on; I realized the final day that I was going to be out of town and couldn’t ship the cards to the winning bidder(s), so I tried to cancel the auctions in hopes of relisting the auctions later.
-The first two (Magee and Doyle) didn’t have any bids, so those could cancel with no issues.
-In contrast, the Abbatchio and Cobb each had bids, so I couldn’t cancel. Instead of facing up to the buyer and being straightforward, I tried to bid and win my own cards with my purchasing account (username: njdunkin_1). I did not and would not shill my own auctions to earn a higher bid.
-It backfired. Turns out the buyer had a higher bid than both of mine on the cards, causing him to win both.
-I was in trouble, but the buyer did not end up paying. Shamefully, I opened unpaid cases instead of just cancelling the auctions.
-Nothing really happened and I didn't dwell on this until a friend spoke with me via email with righteous rebuke, pointing out the wrong that I had done. Ashamedly, I didn’t think twice about it until his email, and I saw that he was completely right. Through his words, I could see that I had done wrong and needed make reparations with the people involved as best I could (thank you K).
-However, even more to my shame today, I thought I could postpone making things right or even bury my wrongdoing with time.
-Fast forward to joining Tobacco Row on Facebook (this would be very late March, early April); I received an inquiry about this situation. I was so embarrassed, but I was set on trying to make myself look better and cover up my actions. I made up lies and tried to make myself look better by stretching the truth.
-Deservedly, I’m removed from the FB group as members uncover the truth of the story
-Completely ashamed, I didn't sleep well and dwelled on this almost constantly during this past few weeks' time.
-Through the encouragement of a close friend, I sought forgiveness of those whom were directly affected by my actions (M and D on FB, along with the eBay buyer.)
-I made contact with the eBay buyer and called eBay to remove the unpaid item strikes and apologized to him. I committed to sending out his cards and did so last Tuesday (tracking: 9405509699938375223352)
- This opportunity has been orchestrated to humble me, and I'm thankful for that today.

Thank you for reading this, and again, I am so, so sorry for the grief that I’ve caused you. My actions were wrong and I realize what this has done to my fellowship with much, if not all of the T206, FB, + N54 community.

-Noah "NJ" Dunkin

Last edited by njdunkin1; 04-16-2018 at 12:03 PM.