View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 07:58 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

When I first heard it was going to be a thing, I was against the pitch clock and didn't enjoy it watching Minor league ball that we have locally. Just didn't feel right, and I consider myself a traditionalist. But like others, I really loved the pace of the Ms/Guardians game last night and I'm glad the telecast didn't have the timer shown. It was out of sight, and the game moved at an amazing pace. Im a convert.

We did have a moment last night that was definitely an unintended consequence. A reliever came in the 8th and it was clear he wasn't comfortable. The sold out crowd got louder, and he got an infraction. Next pitch, the crowd loudly started counting down! He threw the next pitch over the catchers head! The crowd made a HUGE difference, didn't see that coming. He went from 0-2, to walking him...then he gave up a 3 run home run...Ms won 3-0. Sports radio today could not stop talking about how the large and loud crowd made a difference. This will be a game changer on many levels.

Guess I'm not as traditionalist as I thought. Still hate the extra inning ghost runner...hate it.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03