View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Fiasco- please read

Posted By: TBob

It is unethical in my view to send an offer to a seller in hopes that you can get an item for a cheaper price than what the market may bear(the whole time hoping that the seller is to dumb to realize what the true value is).>

How do you know the submitted offer did not exceed the SCD value unless you know what the card is and in fact were one of those who emailed the seller? In my opinion the offer which was made to the seller could very well exceed what the card eventually sells for. You are making statements without any clue and throwing words around like "unethical," which are irresponsible and based on conjecture. You don't know me, you don't know that I have had 4500 transactions on ebay and a 100% rating selling and buying.
The whole point in making the offer was to make a fair offer and obtain a card which a buyer might or might not be able to obtain, given the sniping services prevalent today. I also think that your comment about the "fair" way to do things by just always paying as much as you can for an item and never trying to get a bargain is pure, unadulterated, crap.