View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:15 AM
Dave Fa*st

I don't know that Steve could be doing anything much different than what he is doing. I think for the most part he has received pretty good money for the lots he has posted.

While we would all probably like to see nice front and back scans of everything this is just a massive collection and I don't even know if Steve is halfway through it yet.

And compared to the 43 card T206 lot in H&S that sold last night, I'd say Steve has done better on most his lots (at least based on knowing what I've bid on a few and didn't get).

Would the family have done better sending everything to an auction house? Probably. But, not knowing their situation....they may have not had months to wait on money. They were obviously comfortable with Steve, and felt good enough with the situation to give him discounts on a few things....good for both parties if they are happy.

I just hope when all is done the family is open to letting the former collector of these cards be known. I'd love to hear more about him...how he went about aquiring all the cards he has, especially how he acquired so many southern cards with the T209's, T210's and T211's if he was in the northeast.

Last edited by asphaltman; 03-31-2011 at 05:16 AM.