View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Hartland boxes and Variations

Thanks for confirmation on the Musial with blue sticker box. Any chance you have a photo you can post or send along in a PM?

As for the other variations you list, I am aware of all of them. However, I have not been able to verify an Aparicio with no red trim on both the front AND back. I have seen many with no red trim on the Sox on front but all have the red on his 11 on the back. Anyone have Looie with no red trim on front and back?

Talking about Aparicio he also comes with a white and plum ( purple) toeplates and he was issued without one also. You can tell an original w/o by the color of the bottom of his right foot. If it is painted black it is as issued. If you see white under his toes a toeplate has come off sometime in the last 50 or so years.

Little known or seen is a Ted Williams also with a purple toe plate. The white is MUCH MORE common.

Musial comes with and without fingernails. The one with nails also has an "A" on his left elbow!

Mantle and Ruth come with both green or blue under the visor of his cap.

Mantle also was issued in SOLID BLACK. This statue one of two known appeared on the cover of Collecting Figurines magazine years back.

Aaron in low or highstep, and 11 of the 18 come with magnets as well.

I have many other paint variations I can list if there is interest.