View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 09:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
And I guess that who appointed them will or can make a huge difference in terms of outcome. I am not now, nor have I ever said, that they are all unfair. They are fair, according to their beliefs. If you are a criminal defense lawyer, do you want a career prosecutor as your judge? I would suggest probably not. At least I have been told by some friends who do that they are the worst, particularly on sentencing. Dunno, not my area.

If you do insurance law like I do, do you want an insurance defense lawyer who you have tried cases against as your judge now? I can assure you that I don't. Some are better than others, sure. But it is still a problem. I get that whole "fair" thing. But that is often in the eye of the beholder. Justice is certainly not blind so far as I can tell.
You seem to be straying far from your original argument which was that, as a general matter, plaintiffs do not do well in the Central District of California or Orange County. And that that somehow motivated PSA to name its home district in its forum selection clause, something which is standard corporate practice for most American corporations. I don't even know what points you are trying to make now.

But I like agreeing with you, so I'll agree with your last message, the one before Orange County that is lol I can't keep up with you.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-27-2019 at 09:33 PM.