View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
Please don’t use the term “ignorance” to a seller with 17K+ feedback. Yes, there was definitely money left on the table but I don’t think an outrageous amount. Looking at the selling prices realized there is not a whole lot with grading and selling fees. Also remember time may also be a factor. Raaphds/Meenman is listing and paid within a week. I know when I need sell something the last thing I think of is:

I could get 20% more if I send to PSA…wait 2 or 3 months, then send to an auction house…wait 1 or 2 months for payment…then pay the auction house an extra 10%!!

It may have been a tad harsh, but undoubtedly accurate. I will explain, but it correlates closely to how ignorance is truly bliss.

It is likely because of the 17k transactions that they chose to sell themselves rather than pay an auction house. Success elsewhere immediately may not equate to optimal success in a new category especially since the card market is such a unique environment of collectible. He is indeed achieving great RAW prices, but if you were going to bank on raw, greg_morris or another raw seller could potentially blow away those prices because they would be more trusted with raw cards from day 1--not to mention you have greg's assessment to go along with it as well. Even if this seller has a following now, the original sales all had a fairly significant loss in value. And still to this moment, I am quite sure a few big spenders avoid them altogether no matter how much they'd like to spend because of the fear of unknown. Most members here were skeptical, and for good reason still probably are. My point being just that. It has been good for sales on paper, but when you don't know the real value of the same card graded and what it would sell for once slabbed then you are just turning a blind eye.
On top of all of this, the first recommendations from others here was to grade the cards and then sell--because they would then bid. This is my point about money being left on table.

Last edited by murphy8276; 04-03-2018 at 02:43 PM.