View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
FWIW, I have never seen SGC reject a card due to minimum size. When PSA does it, they give you back a flip containing the card's information that says MIN SIZE on the flip. What does SGC do?
I had one rejected for minimum size. Came back in the cardsaver with a flip showing some code like msz or maybe SML like Greg said, and a card with an explanation.
My miscut card they say what edges were unacceptable, and the trimmed one the flip says TRM and the card has written on the trimmed line "trimmed all edges" (Not sure what I was thinking when I sent that one in )

I think that if I hadn't opted out of the "slab as authentic" they'd have all gotten slabbed as "A" so at least for SGC not all A graded cards are equal.

I also believe that they don't want to slab a card with a grade that someone without the knowledge of what a proper edge looks like would consider trimmed. I'm sort of ok with that, but agree that a card is either factory or not and if it is it should get a grade.

I keep the rejection tags with the card. I misplaced the min size card a few years ago and haven't found it yet, but here's the miscut one.

Steve B