View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Default Board activity as of late

Posted By: leon

Hmmm...I get put into a little bit of a difficult position sometimes. There is no doubt anything I say will have some folks upset at me. Won't be the first or last time. This board is run in a fair manner, I hope, with the primary focus of pre-war baseball cards and related topics (see first line at top of page). I try not to censor anything if at all possible. I think I have deleted about 1 thread that was on topic, in the last several months. I explained myself the day after. With that being said if you don't think these subjects are pre-war baseball card related I disagree. Heck, I sold a PSA 8 T206 common last night for over 2k. I think that's crazy but we're all crazy, definitely me included. The board will get back on track quickly just as it did a few weeks ago when there were the same cries to shut it down for a time. I am a little tired of all of the negativity too. Why is it this way? Money, passion, ego, human nature etc etc... I do believe there will be a response very soon from a grading company, and besides that thread, there probably won't be anymore allowed pertaining to these subjects for a time. We have more than enough going already. Maybe a few folks need to take a some days away if they are that stressed. It's ok the board will be here when you are a little more calm. I think some of these conversations have positive effects on the hobby and I honestly think there have been many peoples eyes that have opened a little wider due to them. That is a good thing. I still enjoy collecting and look forward to many more happy years of it...Thanks my friends.....

edited to say that there won't be any "new" threads allowed to be started...the board should not be "taken over" by one subject, imho...that is what I am trying to prevent...not sure if I am winning or losing though