View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Default O/T what happened to the NBA? Bad Marketing?

Posted By: Jason L

hasn't been mentioned here, and that is simply that they don't play baseball!

Ryan, to answer your question, to the extent that it's relevant or your interest is genuine, I don't really have a great answer regarding tattoos, other than the fact that I have a very prejudiced degree of disrespect for people who choose to disfigure/disrespect their body like that. Less is better, more is terrible. Plus, from every account I've heard, it hurts, so I don't understand it from that perspective, either.

I just don't understand the decision making that goes into it, and so I can't fully relate to those people who have them, particularly in large amounts. I do strongly believe that I am racially unbiased towards it, though. So I don't think your previous comment about the integration applies to me or my thinking on the NBA or tattoos.

But that's basically it.
I understand I am unusual, and it is probably not fully based in rational thought. I did not mean to offend you or others. It's just a blanket statement about my own personal problem with relating to the league, given the proliferation of tattoos displayed on many of the players. Perhaps easier to see than on athletes of other leagues, as they wear more clothing.