View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 07:41 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantleman View Post
Don't be shy to contact the seller. Standard shipping for two cards varies depending on how you want them shipped. If its a plain white envelope for ungraded cards, the postage is only $1.50. If it a bubble mailer for graded cards, it can be up to $8.50.

It gets expensive after that, especially you want tracking.

Did the seller have it listed as Ebay Global Shipping, or just set up for standard shipping? Ebay Global Shipping to Canada is absolutely ridiculous. Usually works out to about $25 for $4 worth of cards because they have you prepay import/customs fees you rarely would have to pay anyway.

If it was standard shipping, the seller has the ability to alter the invoice after the sale, this cannot be done if it was Ebay Global Shipping.

Andy
Thanks Andy.

I did contact the seller and politely asked if I was reading that right, $16.00 dollars to ship 2 cards within Ontario?
He has not replied yet.

The 2 cards I won were both PSA graded. A 52 Topps and a 59 Fence Busters card so I could understand $5 to $8.00 dollars in the same bubble wrapper, but anymore than that, especially with both of us being close in Ontario, would be unreasonable.

His ad was very vague, (posted above in 1st ad in red) and no where did it say anything about Global shipping. If it did, I wouldn't have bid on it for the reasons you describe. I hate Global shipping.

Hopefully he replies and comes up with a better figure or at least explains why his fees are so expensive?

Thanks again for your help.

I appreciate it!

Last edited by irv; 10-03-2016 at 07:59 PM.