View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I agree with your observation that they don't sell many 6 figure cards (although REA 'just' sold 8 or 9, so how many do you expect in a PWCC monthly auction?), but your premise is so off base.

Ok, thanks.

Zero marketing? Do you see the banner ad above you? Ever see their print ad in SMR? Their occasional home page banner on eBay? Those cannot be cheap.

I don't feel saying "worthy of consideration" in a two line write up is marketing. Take a look at what Heritage just dropped off and tell me which you'd prefer for a nice card. How about showing up the floor of the NY Stock exchange to pimp high end items. That's marketing. Saw what you want about Goldin, but that dude is a marketer. Yes, nice they run a banner ad here.

Charge you? Every AH "charges you." You have to realize that whether it's a seller's fee or a buyer's premium, the margin is taken from the seller. You get that right?

I do. I think paying them to do basically nothing is a little ridiculous. Mistake I did make once.

No catalog. Sure they don't have a catalog, but when was the last time a printed catalog was critical to driving sales? Perhaps when Sears was last relevant?

Call Heritage and tell them they are wasting their money. I assume they will want to look into it. Ditto Christies, the word's largest auction house.

Look, I'm not a staunch defender of PWCC, but shouldn't you at least have your facts right if you want to go after them yet again?

P.S. Agree that their shipping is crazy high now, so let's end on that note.

Thanks.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-03-2017 at 03:17 PM.