View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Default Ok, time for another venomous anti-slabber screed (you are forewarned)

Posted By: warshawlaw

On another string someone is complaining about SGC's strictness. I'd love a little strictness from the other services. This screed is dedicated to the incompetent jackasses at PSA and GAI.

I purchased a GAI 4.5 vg-ex+ N172. I got it and it is trimmed. Anyone looking at the card in person could see that the bottom of the card is missing and is curved the wrong way. I next purchased a PSA 1 N172. It isn't even a card. It is a skinned and rebacked card where the bottom of the photo falls about 1/8" short of the bottom of the different shade of pale mount! If anyone with any degree of skill were to look over the card edges in person, it would be apparent that the damned thing is a sandwich, not a card.

Both sellers are reputable and well known to us folks here (one seller has already stated he will stand behind it and I am sure that the other will too). My rant is not directed at them but is directed at the rocket scientists at PSA and GAI. WTF is wrong with these people? Does the water in Orange County contain idiot potion? Do they even bother looking at the cards?

I will post scans of the offending cards shortly. Right now I am both disappointed and ticked off.

Here are the card bottoms: