View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I use the watch list--and usually max it out--to track all sorts of stuff for research as well as interest. Most of it is stuff I have no desire to purchase but found interesting for some reason: a card I'd not seen, an ID on an item from a foreign seller that might be of use in my research, etc. When I am out and about and have a chance to look at eBay I don't want to scroll through 200 items to find something I might actually want. The cart was something I used [no longer, learned my lesson the hard way] to track items I wanted to readily access without having to scroll through 200 odds and ends. I do the same thing on Amazon.

Besides, how I use the cart is not the issue. Even if the cart consisted only of items I planned to purchase, the fact is that I wasn't trying to purchase anything at the time. I posted the OP to make people aware that it is possible with as little as a fumble of an iPhone to pocket dial your entire eBay cart contents, whatever it may be.

ETA: Update is that every seller except the one N54 member has already canceled the sales. It is heartening to see how many reasonable people there are in the Hobby community. One guy was very rude about it but in the end decided to cancel the sale. I did keep a hat that I needed for the summer anyway [actinic keratosis prone; I wear hats under MD orders and my old Panama was a goner] and one card that I wanted to buy. Now, when I see my money from paypal...3-5 business days until it shows up in my PP account, then another 3-5 business days to get it back to my checking account

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-25-2015 at 10:52 AM.