View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
Normally I would agree with Mark that you want special pieces to be all original -- there's nothing I hate more than a beautiful flannel jersey that's been autographed -- I will never, ever understand that.
Same here. I've passed on a few jerseys because I want to be able to wear them every now and then, and the signature ruins that...usually. All of my game-used unis are sans-sig. Modern signatures on vintage flannels are just plain wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
But in this case, I like the painting. As was said before, it really makes the scene pop. Below I am showing a couple of colorized photographs for comparison. Just like your chair, they started out as something else, and were painted. I believe that thanks to the colorization, they are much more valuable and desirable. I'd be all over your chair if I had the room and the finances right now. You mention there is damage and possible restoration -- that could be scaring people away.
Anyway, I think it's a cool piece!

Greg
Brock, I agree with Greg - it looks good with the added paint. I wouldn't add paint to such a piece, but it's there now. I have no idea as to affect on value - it would be interesting to hear from someone who is in the market for such an item.

Last edited by Runscott; 09-01-2014 at 12:47 PM.