View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 09:05 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantmorecards77 View Post
Well - for the third time, I offered the full refund. Was extremely polite about it and even explained that I would pay return shipping. He claims he's getting the card signed on the 4th and doesn't have time to send it back and wait for a refund. ..waiting 2 weeks to pay for it certainly didn't help him. We're going around and around on this one. Ugh! He states that if I had noted the surface ding in the auction - it would've sold for less. I can't note it if I didn't see it. I apologized for missing it and followed eBay policy and offered the full return.

Seems we're at a stand-still. He's refusing to send it back - and I'm refusing to offer a partial refund.
To come back with an excuse of "I'm going to get it signed and don't have time" at this point sounds like a last-ditch effort to squeeze you rather than returning it for the full refund you offered. If it's a legit reason, why wasn't it mentioned in the first 30 messages he sent? Regardless, what he chooses to do with it after his purchase is not your concern. As said previously, keep your responses simple, and tell him to send it back for a full refund or keep it. You can't quantify a "what if" scenario on the auction, and I'll say again, no partial refund is going to satisfy this guy (unless he's running a scam, and the partial is what he's gunning for).