View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 11:49 PM

Default Guerrero Jr Pre Rookie(MiLB)or MLB Rookie?

I don't usually collect any of today's young Rookies but i have a soft spot for Guerrero JR. Obviously, being from Montreal i had the pleasure of watching his father play and he was such a pleasure to watch.

That being said, I have been collecting quite a few unique game used JR items Pre Rookie(MILB) and have also been adding present day Rookie game used material(MLB)of JR's.

I know that the MLB Rookie game used items will usually hold more value over time (if and when JR performs like he can) than the MILB Pre Rookie items, but does it sometime also depend on the uniqueness of the game used memorabilia MILB item?

Please note that my question is more of a survey and/or opinion on which unique item one thinks will appreciate in value more? Is it always just an MILB vs MLB issue? Yes, I know that we collect what we like and have a passion for, but as i have mentioned previously I am out of my comfort zone and just curious if the answer is that simple to market participants and collectors.

I own a Guerrero Jr Game used and signed ball from his very first game(June 23, 2016) in the minor leagues(Bluefield Blue Jays) in which he had his very first hit. It is a gorgeous ball and very rare.

In the other corner there is a JR Game used Rookie bat signed, used for a few games and a few hits. Also a very beautiful item.

Will the rarity of the JR Minor League ball always be overlooked, thus its' future appreciation in value, because it is an MILB item?

Always appreciate the boards valued opinions. I recognize that this is an odd question but as i mentioned, i am out of my comfort zone and would appreciate some insight.

Thank you.