Thread: Was I Shilled??
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 08:44 AM

"I really don't think if we stopped all the shilling in the world that the prices of cards would go down. If anything, they would be less available because sellers would be less inclined to consign their items."

Really? I think prices would decrease fairly quickly. How much? I don't know but I think they WOULD go down.

I mean, there are some sellers out there who are probably into cards because they CAN shill their own auctions. Take that extra profit away and it isn't going to be worth their time to stay in that section of business. They will just move on to another scam.

Also, if cards are being shilled on eBay and the large auction houses and those prices are being picked up and used for things like VCP lists, what do you think would happen if all of a sudden the shill bids were NOT being placed and cards were selling for what they would without a shill? What if a $100 dollar shill bid card were actually only worth $75 dollars without the shill?

Nope, take shilling out and there would be fewer sellers, more cards on the market and more reasonable prices....

David