View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:10 PM

This is a much more difficult question than a thread-response warrants, but I will try. As mentioned above, in America, sales tax is a state-level tax, usually levied on the sale of certain goods, paid by the buyer and collected by the seller, who then remits it to the state monthly/quarterly; use tax is the inverse, paid directly by buyer in cases where no sales tax was paid/collected- ignore it, rarely applies. In the US, as a general rule, no sale tax applies to cross-state transactions (this is where use tax theoretically applies, but again, ignore it); presumably the same rule applies to country to country sales.

Canada, whole different country, while different tax system, and I know zero about Canadian taxes. This could be a federal or province or local tax; it may only apply to certain goods or services; it may only apply when selling out of country. I have no clue. All I know is that seems like a very steep tax, so take advantage of the global health care and get your money's worth