View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxcat View Post
That's a different story. He wasn't trying to make money off of shipping. He is just an idiot. Also, do you assign any blame to USPS? I would. They took money to transport one item from one place to another. Regardless of contents or shipping material, shouldn't they be able to do that ONE simple thing. Did you purchase insurance on the stuff?

Guy knew he screwed up and refunded me right away. I got a great deal on the lot so would have much rather had the items. I didn't ding him. Just felt really bad about some great vintage material being destroyed.

No, I didn't blame USPS. If you saw the way it was packaged, there was no way it was ever going to make it to me in one piece. Especially seeing that he shipped it "Media Mail".

At least 2 lb's of loose paper items, stuffed into a plain white envelope, very little if any tape, and a mailing label which consisted of a single piece of copy paper barely scotch taped to the top of the package. I was shocked the mailing label even survived to get the empty envelope to the right address.

If the USPS have any blame along the way, it's perhaps that they never should have accepted the package to begin with, but he printed out the mailing label himself, so he could have easily just tossed it in a Mail Deposit box. Once it was in the system, it had no chance.