View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Default New Pennant and Request for Feedback.

Posted By: Mike H

This is a December pick up, but I thought it justified a new post. As many of you know, pennants are an area of strong interest for me (as are many other types of memorabilia). However, until recently I had never landed an oversized pennant or a pennant that dates to the teens. That has now changed. We have all marvelled over the collection of our own Mark Steinberg who has one of the finest pennant collections extant. Mark has added significantly to this board and posted some of the most impressive examples of memorabilia I have seen in some time. Recently, Mark gave me an opportunity to acquire one of his treasured large Tigers pennants. I have never seen another example of this piece and fell in love with it the second I laid eyes on it. The combination of size (14 x 36 not including tassels), rich deep color, incredibly detailed tiger head, and unique script text simply blew me away. Thank you Mark.
Now for my question. I am going to have it mounted in an archival quality setting with uv blocking glass etc. I would like to hear your thoughts regarding a background color and frame color. Based on how it looks laying on the Oak table, Im leaning toward a brown background with a tone similar to the colors in the Tiger head and an ornate black, or very dark brown period frame. What do you guys think?

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]