View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 08:32 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
Just got off with rep at Christie's. She informed me that the laws of NY changed in last couple months forcing them to collect tax on anything picked up at their NY office, even by a 3rd party shipper. She also stated their shipping rates were high because they build "custom crates" to deliver the merchandise. So basically if you live in a state where they don't have a presence like Nevada you're held hostage to their outrage shipping fees unless you want to have it picked up or shipped by a 3rd party and then pay the taxes. This needs to be looked at by a lawyer because it doesn't seem right.
I stopped their yesterday and picked up my items. Place is beautiful and the people there were really nice. I inspected the items and then they packed them for me by making a little "suitcase" out of cardboard (basically multiple layers of cardboard folded over and then taped shut and a handle added and secured with the tape so I could carry it.

Not sure if that is the packing they referred to, and it definitely seemed a very well and carefully packed method, though I can't imagine that would justify the price (my items were contracts and a passport, but no different than what the pictures would need to be shipped, outside of the largest ones...