View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 11:12 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

There's nothing wrong with posting a photo and asking about it. That's part of what this board is about and it's nice seeing new photos. There's nothing wrong with posting multiple photos of stuff. But if you have a lot of stuff, it's prudent to make consolidate the photos into few posts. An explanation of what the post is about is good too.

Not criticizing, as he is new, the rules are unwritten, and there was nothing wrong with any individual post.. He's of course welcome to post more stuff. No need to apologize for that-- just a bit of change in format. As I said, posting and talking about about old baseball memorabilia is what this board is about.

With unwritten rules no one tells you about, the only way to learn them is to break them. Due allowances given to someone new to the board, and no real reason to apologize for breaking a rule that isn't posted and with no malicious intent involved.

I went to my first ever Hanukkah dinner at Jewish neighbors house and was paranoid I was going to break some religious rule and bring shame to my family and non-Jewish kind (Forget to take off shoes? Wear the wrong color tie? Greet the wrong person first? Eat the wrong food the wrong way? Think the Rabbi is the waiter?), but it all went smoothly. The woman next to me was Irish Catholic and it was her first time too.

Last edited by drcy; 07-16-2014 at 11:41 AM.