Thread: January Pickups
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 09:18 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Congratulations Chris / BESTDJ777 on the acquisition of a 1960 Post Cereal Mickey Mantle. The heart of Mick's picture is flawless on your card. I'm sure you are already overwhelmed to have this highly prized card.
Hey Brian,

Thank you for the compliment and the advice. I generally don't care about condition, but the condition of his face is a deal breaker. So, I am happy to add this one to the collection. Not sure if I am going to get it graded--I've never actually sent in anything for grading--but agree that this one is beautiful framed by SGC. As soon as I get a place where I can display my cards, I am probably going to send this in and cross my 51 Wheaties over. I am definitely going to try cleaning it though. Hopefully I can get some of the adhered paper off of the bottom of it with a light rub.

Chris, I don't think I am a nut. I am pretty sure I have an appropriate amount of Mantles Don't know if I can justify the money for the Stahls with some awesome foreign issues still outstanding. We will see though.