View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Default Another PSA/Joe Orlando Customer Service Blunder

Posted By: Todd Schultz

to know how often he called too. Is Joe Orlando President of the US? No, but is the caller President of the US either?

I've turned down potential clients who have acted this way--they get voice mail or leave a message, and then call several times shortly thereafter, over and over, when they don't get a return call fast enough for their liking. Maybe it's cost me money, but I resent the implication that I am at their beckon call, that what I'm doing can't be as important as their situation. People like that are often pushy and treat you like an indentured servant once they can claim they're paying you, so I basically tell them to hit the road right out of the shoot. It just isn't worth it.

So tell me, what was so vitally important that you had to have an answer then and there? Could it have been handled better? Probably. But I find it a bit presumptious to think you should be able to get immediate or even same day response from a corporate president. Did you stop and wonder if just maybe the guy had something else going on?

Hey I'm an SGC guy, and am not surprised to hear that they handled it better. But to slam Orlando on what you posted here seems a bit much for me.