View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 07:19 PM
Brian Dalrymple

LOTG has reached out to help clarify. Special thanks to those who reached out to Al to help speed along the response

My understanding was that checks would be sent out 2 weeks after the invoice date (days following auction close). That would have been last week. When in fact, what I have been told is they begin issuing checks then, but it can last up to 30 days after auction closes...so 2+ weeks of consistently sending checks, of which yours could be 1st in line, last in line or anywhere in between apparently.

My guess is that this staggered approach is largely due to a cash flow issue and not wanting hundreds of thousands of dollars in checks cashing at once in conjunction with a variety of payment that has been collected.

The "30 days" after auction close seems appropriate enough. I suppose a little more transparency in the difference between "checks going out 2 weeks after auction close/invoice date" and "checks starting to go out and continuing on as late as 30 days of auction close/invoice date." was what I was after.

Being this was my first time submitting a sizeable ($25-50K) consignment, I was eager to understand how it would all unfold.

Again, a review of my first experience will be forthcoming upon completion of this one. I am already looking toward my next consignment, where I might consign and using initial experiences to shape my future choices. More to come.
ANWCOLLECTIBLES on Instagram
"If it's not at least a hundred years old, I probably won't want it."
"Yesterday's price, is not today's price."

The goods --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/196575621@N05/albums