View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Default Is grading getting to expensive?

Posted By: joe

I thought I would get quite a few responses to my original post and I did.

Barry, you are right on getting more money for the card that is graded.

Fred, thanks for posting the regular prices on grading along with the large oversized card grading tier. I have no problem with SGC and their prices on the (normal) regular size cards. I just thought the oversize prices were a little high.

And the point about costs in developing a new holder does make some sense, sort of like the pharmacy companies when developing a new drug, costs are high. I just think they won't be getting as many submissions on these larger cards at the price.

A final thought, I might have to back off a little on the complaint on the cost, the scan shows how my T3's are professionally framed and matted with archival glass and I know the cost was a little over a $100.00 for getting 2 framed together. Some glaring from the camera, sorry. These were done before grading began. One mistake I made was not having glass on the back also, so you could see the different backs. I have no idea what backs are on the 8 cards that are framed. Duh!

I do think if they want a lot of action with these submissions, the price should drop a little.

Joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!