View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Administrator

Default Is grading getting to expensive?

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Did any of you take into account that there is a cost to making a new mold for these over sized holders? The oversized cards are a very small part of the market, those they need to charge more to cover the costs of production of the maolding plus everything that goes into grading. They are in business to make money, we all benefit from it by the increased prices on the final products, many times alot more than we we have invested into the grading and the card. I recent had $125 into a card, paid $15 to get it graded, it came back an 88, sold it for $3000. Without there grading business this would not be possible.

If you don't like the prices you don't have to pay them, I personally think it is too expensive for my tastes so I will not be getting too many of my T3's graded.

For all you complaining about the pricing would you be willing to give a grading company a share of YOUR profits if you got a higher than expected grade? I think not, so every time you think that they are charging to much think of the times you got a higher grade than expected and the extra money you made off the higher grade.

Lee