View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 04:11 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Doug -

I'm scared to ask, but can you identify the date of issue based on the font of any of these...perhaps by cross-referencing them with other players with the same font and the first year they would have been produced?

Also, do you know if there is a Kaline M114 with a New York address (vs. Washington DC)? I believe you said that the Washington DC addresses started in 1954.

Who knew there were this many variations of an under-appreciated and under-collected set? Other than you, of course!
Date of issue : believe it or not, I haven't really paid much attention to dates (yet) other than to just run with what is in the SCD. I suppose at some point, I will probably get into dates, but I don't think we will ever really know, unless somebody finds a file cabinet filled with m114 (and hopefully m113) paperwork from the Baseball Magazine offices (or their printer).

Al Kaline : It was actually Alan's groundbreaking 2008 article in SCD that let me know about the DC address.

https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/memorabilia/m114

I have never seen a Kaline with a New York (or NY) address line, and would not be surprised if one doesn't exist, but I'm always looking, just in case.

Doug

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-27-2020 at 04:12 PM.