View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 12:13 PM

Default Christie's Baseball Auction question

I'm looking through Christie's auction. Haven't ever bid in one of their auctions before and I'm guessing I won't ever. They have several nice photos that are tempting. They have an Estimated Cost Calculator that let's you know exactly what to expect to pay, which is nice. Bidder's Fee, at a healthy but not unusual 25%, and a reasonable shipping insurance fee. Then it gets REAL ugly. Shipping Cost. For, say, a single 8"x10" photo they estimate a shipping cost of $147!! Several items of similar size come up with the same cost or more. They can charge whatever they want, especially since they put it in front of you, but it's still a hell of a scam in my opinion. I emailed them twice about it to see if it had any merit since it says "estimated" cost but from their canned responses, it appears that's what they would stick you with. Has anybody else had experiences with them to know if this is true?

Rhys, help me out here - I'm guessing you could just about ship your whole monster collection for that price.

Rob M

Last edited by ramram; 08-22-2017 at 01:29 PM.