View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsiders View Post
In my opinion, they wanted it off the market because they realized that it wasn't authentic.

I presented them with a detailed summary as to why I thought it was bad...including many examples of authentic Ruth autos.

At first, they relied on the JSA cert...telling me that if I had an issue with the cert, I should contact JSA directly (which I did...another long story).

After presenting Tri-Star with all the evidence, I asked them contact one of their connections at PSA to get a quick "off the record" opinion on it. I don't know if they actually contacted PSA, but a short time later, I received a call from Tri-Star offering to replace the card.

In short, I think Tri-Star was/is attempting to do the right thing in replacing the card. But when the second Ruth auto also seemed suspicious to so many in this forum, it left me a bit more confused.

Overall, Tri-Star's customer service has been pretty good up to this point...but this process seems to really be dragging, and they have become increasingly slower and slower to get back to me.

The problem that some insert companies are facing is the increased prices every year for these cuts of the famous and desirable hall of famers, ruth, cobb, wagner, etc.

most of these companies try to get the cheapest ruth, cobb , wagner, mathewson, cy young they can find obviously. since they are not autograph experts themselves, they find one with a cert from the big two. this blarney ruth fit the bill, had a big two cert and probably cost less than other ruths.

they should find a textbook ruth and shell out the full retail for it if they wanted to avoid controversy, but that';s just not the way it works with companies, they wants to squeeze every dollar, and unfortunately, authentication suffers sometimes because of it. I hope you get a dead-on ruth for your troubles. east coast authenticator isnt going to give you much help in this matter. i would love to see exemplars that match up to that blarney ruth.