View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 01:21 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

During periods of past history, Minnesota and Michigan State were national powerhouses. Ebbs and tides.

My dad said when was at Michigan he said they were marginal and he never went to a game. I went to the UW during the Pre-Alverez days, back when they would fight Northwestern for second to last place. The daughter of the former Badger coach Dave McClain was in my high school graduating class. He led the Badgers to a couple of Bowls, but died of a hear attack when his daughter was in h.s.

I have family members who went to Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota and Michigan State, and my parents met and were married in Ann Arbor, so I say we're a Big Ten family. I live on the West Coast but follow the Big 10/12 not the Pac 10/12. Just can't acclimate to a league with Arizona State, UCLA and USC. November college football games in 85 degrees seems so unnatural. Gotta have some frost on the ground.

I remember when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would come to Green Bay in December and the Packers would always have the definite home field advantage. I remember Steve Young getting sacked and having a face mask full of snow.

Last edited by drcy; 12-01-2014 at 01:42 AM.