View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 07:51 AM
Al Jurgela

Default Yeah... right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
That Pele is killing me - I had my PSA 9 Alifa listed on this board at $5K in 2015 and nearly got laughed off the board, though I did end up selling it for $5K via another venue. A couple of people told me that was probably the highest sale price for a soccer card ever!

And this happened - ouch. Can I have a mulligan please?!
I am shocked that these cards are going for these prices. It feels to me that the thinly traded cards are being bid up by some people who just do not know much about soccer cards. Which is great if you are trying to sell a high grade rookie card (the prices seem disproportionately distributed to the highly graded copies), but I can definitely see the bottom falling out of this price up-tick.

I am not saying that it will happen (we could be on a Ruth rookie trajectory), but I would not be surprised if things didn't come back to earth after these "collectors" or "investors" move on to something else.

At the time that $5k was outrageous for a PSA 9 Pele, I picked up at PSA 8.5 for under $2k.... so boy have times changed... that is for sure.

I have said for quite some time that the ALFIA Pele rookie is his best (due to the dating issue of the Quigol).

Anyway.... WOW is the comment for the day!
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards