Thread: O/t - Safes
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 12:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
What store did you go to? Mom and Pops or was it a chain? It seems like a lot of places don't keep too many safes on hand.

Can I ask what thought/preferences you put into the purchase? A heavy ass safe sounds like great peace of mind and Id agree that is priceless.
I put a lot of thought into it and the safe I got I couldn't be happier with.

https://www.a-1locksmith.com/plano/ is where I got it.

I wasn't here when it was delivered but understand it had to have a tow truck to bring it in. It is rated TL30, which I think means that it's going to take someone at least 30 minutes to get into it under their best circumstance with normal tools. It also has another small safe built in the inside too. It is fire rated Class 350 2 hours, and is probably 2-4 inches of solid steel all the way around it. That all said when my collection got too valuable to leave at home (safes don't protect from people with guns, God forbid) I got the Bank box. I had the Safe Deposit box for at least 10-15 yrs along with the safe at home. The bank safe deposit box, a very large one, was around 125 per yr. I strongly recommend one if you have a valuable collection. Good luck.