View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 06:10 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Just received another email from eBay trying to get me to enroll in their managed payments. Eventually, there will not be a choice and all sellers will need to be enrolled.

Managed payments will give buyers more ways to pay with credit, debit and gift cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and PayPal Credit.
In addition, funds will automatically be deposited into your bank account.

You can expect payouts to be sent to your bank account within 2-4
business days of an order confirmation.
My first question is, does that mean, the seller should not send out the item until the money clears his account.

eBay will then charge a fee of 2.7% against the total amount paid including S/H. In addition, they will now charge .25 for each item in the order from different listings. Currently, Paypal charges .30 for the entire order.

So, if I sold 10 cards to one customer from 10 different listings and the entire order cost $100 including S/H, Paypal would charge me $2.70 +.30 for a total of $3.00. With eBay's managed payment, it would now cost me $2.70 + (10 *.25) for a total of $5.20.

Let's not forget eBay's regular fees for listing, final value, etc.
I can see many sellers leaving ebay once they are forced to use managed payments. I won't be far behind.
So if ebay is charging regular fees of about 13% then this becomes an 18% transaction cost on that $100 sale... not for me...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.