View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Jack T

Until today, I never saw a pinback with a knife attached. Very nice Mantle pin, BTW.

Another attachment I think is odd because it has nothing to do with baseball is this rabbits foot hanging from a Babe Ruth pinback. I think these were made in the 1940's and my imagination conjures up the theory that once the public knew he had cancer, these were made as a way for fans to "wish him luck". On the other hand, the black and purple ribbon lead me to think these were sold soon after his death, in which case, my first theory doesn't make sense I also have one with red and blue ribbons, also with a rabbits foot.

Babe_Ruth_PM10 photo BabeRuth_PM10_zps71fc5bd9.jpg

BTW, I've been hoping to see some World Series and All-Star game press pins in this thread. I had a bunch of them years ago, but the vintage ones are gone now :-(. I have a few recent Yankees WS and 2008 All-Star and just one or two others. One of these days I hope to start a run of Yankees WS press pins. I'm sure many of you guys have nice press pins collections. I would love to see some of them!

Last edited by YankeeFan; 02-26-2014 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Added comment about Press Pins