View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by betafolio2 View Post
Drew, if your Williams card was that close to original size, how could you be sure it was trimmed at all? I mean, less than 1/64th of an inch is VERY close to full size! And I see some minor variations in Topps cards all the time (and I'm pretty sure my cards aren't trimmed). When I've seen a trimmed card, there's been no doubt in my mind about it. Was the top of the Williams card uneven, or was there other obvious proof of a cut?
The person I bought it from submitted a group of these cards to PSA and they all came back as evidence of trimmed.
What I could see on the card itself besides the shorter length compared to a different card was that the top edge looked like it was cut with something besides the factory cutting machine. In other words it wasn't cut uneven but when I compared the top edge with the other three from the side you could see an obvious difference in the color of cardboard as well as just the way the edge looked.
Either way I love the card and used it in one of my displays that I built and I thinkj it looks great.
Drew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0312.jpg (74.5 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0313.jpg (77.4 KB, 156 views)