View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpaul View Post
It was interesting to go back over the PSA pop reports on DS. The high numbers are definitely scarce. With 15-40 examples graded, and not jist 97-108 but also 85-96.

But what is the deal with the Lew Fonseca card number 7? Only 7 are listed as graded. Is this a true rarity? I have the whole set so I should know, but i bought 80% of it in one lot and never searched for many of the cards.

My Fonseca is labeled as “35 years old”. There was a thread on this a little back in 2003 that I found searching the forum. Was that a gimmicked card that was issued later or purposely low-printed? Never hear it talked about on these boards.
The Diamond Stars were issued from 1934 to 1936, and many of the same card numbers were issued multiple times with different information on the back depending on the year they were issued. For the Fonseca, it either says 34 years old or 35 years old in the bio information at the bottom depending on if it was issued in 1934 or 1935. I'm not sure why the population count is so low.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diamond Stars Fonseca.jpg (163.8 KB, 297 views)