View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 09:58 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have a different view. I think most in the thread are having fun with it. I know my comments recently are only for fun. I think it's a great thread so far. The scrooges don't need to click on it. It could, in the future, get long in the tooth and if it does it can be moved. And as fair warning if too many people try to derail it, in this thread, their posts might be removed as to not completely take it off course. None have been and hopefully none will need to be. But this is a fair warning so no one gets any crazy ideas.
This isn't National Security or cemented in stone stuff.....it is a ONE-OFF thread. To reiterate, others wouldn't be allowed. There isn't anarchy or martial law declared (yet).
Not sure if it was said already but Stephen got permission before doing this thread too. So it's really all my fault.
Hi Leon, agreed - there are those having lighthearted fun and those that are not. I try and never get involved in the flame wars that break out on here on occasion, because I am here to learn about vintage cards and occasionally share a pick-up that the board might find cool. Personally this Gen Xer has found this to be an enjoyable thread started by someone is extremely enthusiastic about cards. Clearly he and his project have rubbed some people the wrong way, but I'm just tired of the posts that do nothing other than bash him and the thread. Others' mileage may vary. But was finally compelled to say something. You may not get another "controversial" post from me for another three years.

Last edited by KingFisk; 06-06-2017 at 10:04 AM.