View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Frank Wakefield

I have stuff on loan to the St. Louis Baseball Hall of Fame. They have insurance. They are meticulous about identifying, preserving, protecting, and keeping a listing of what I have on loan there. Great folks.

The Louisville Slugger Museum featured baseball cards a few years ago, close in time to when Joe DiMaggio passed away. Almost everything displayed was old stuff. My recollection is that they pulled stuff from about 4 collectors. They were great to work with, they had insurance; and they too really cared about protecting and preserving. They gave me some free admission tickets for use while the cards were there. My signature is crap, hastily scrawled. They lifted what was probably the best of my signatures of the handful of letters we exchanged leading up to the show... I was unaware that they took the signature, made a plate from it, made me a pro model bat, printed my name on there, then burned the signature into the wood... precisely like the pros. When I went to Louisville to retrieve my cards they gave me the cards and presented me with the bat. Wonderful folks there in Louisville, an interesting place for a baseball fan.

So yes, but ask to see it. Most places will have insurance.