Thread: OT; Manlove
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Default OT; Manlove

Posted By: Anonymous

Hey Steve,

I lived in Boston (went to grad school at Northeastern)and was always amazed at how easy it was to walk into Fenway and get tickets for Sox games. I would often pick up a pair of bleacher tickets for $12-$15 and move into the reserved seats after the 5th inning. I am assuming it is not that easy to get tickets anymore.

Regarding the Pats, I tried to be a good temporary resident and pull for them but after we beat you guys 7-6 in the '97 playoffs my life became hell for a while. Obviously the defeats at home in '01 and '04 AFC Championship games did not help. I was pulling so hard for you guys to beat the Broncos in '05 because I wanted to knock you off at home in the AFC Championship that year.

I am only old enough (born in '71) to remember the SB XIII and XIV. The community were I grew up in Eastern Ohio is only about 45 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. Football is king there, everything else is secondary.
My son is also named John. My wife and I had a difficult time selecting a middle name so I lobbied for Arthur since the Steelers had just won their fifth shortly before his birth. My wife had a great grandfather named Arthur which helped to justify the selection to her family. My family was thrilled that the boy's middle name was after the founder of the Steelers.

Anyhow, your plea did not change my rooting interests but it makes me feel a little better to know that there is at leat one fan in NE that has been cheering for the Pats longer than the last seven years. Best,

John