View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 06:13 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Over the years there have been price guides for publications, but that is ancient history. I probably have 4 or 5 different guides but they would not help you at all.

A combination of ebay current items listed, ebay completed items and then finally eBay actual sales should help you out. The current items give you a good indication of the number of items that are in the market and the asking prices. The completed sales will give you an idea what items didn't sell for and obviously the actual sales are the most important. The thing to remember about eBay is that it can be very seasonal (and not just by the calendar). The month of December is usually great. Also, it seems that March and April can be very strong due to tax refunds. The beginning and end of any sport season usually results in higher sales and interest. I have been collecting and selling sports publications for almost 30 years and the market is always changing. Unless you are under duress and need to sell immediately I would start to watch eBay for the items that you are interested in selling and begin to learn what is valuable and what is available in great quantity.

Hope this helps and good luck. If you have a list, I would be happy to review it for you.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 09-09-2018 at 06:13 AM.