View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 07:25 AM

Good question. I've also gone along with the presumption that a qualifier brings a card down about 2 grades. Dunno if that's because I found out that the PSA Registry uses that as their calculation, or because of how I've seen things valued at on EBay. But either way, that seems to be how the pricing works out to be.

Having said that, it really depends on which qualifier and for what purpose you bought the card. For me, a miscut that's missing a portion of the image, or puts the players name on the top (rather than the bottom, eg in the case of T206s), is something that I'm not interested in. Conversely, I've seen cards with a MK qualifier where I've not been able to locate the mark at all -- and thus can afford a PSA 6 quality card at a PSA 4 price. So if you're talking strictly on valuation for $$ or Registry, it's the 2-grade rule of thumb. But if you're talking about the appeal, that's more in the eye of the beholder.

--S