View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Default Defining "Vintage"

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

I am proud to be able to post on a board where the members ponder the meaning of "vintage" in Vintage Baseball Cards". I however, am still working on understanding and in some cases swallowing what the "baseball card" portion of this term means.

Specifically, if I understand correctly: I do not have to accept comic trade cards as baseball cards, bur post cards, playing cards (even the ten of clubs), other game cards which show a player, as well as flip movies count. But not blankets, pins nor stickers. And yes to entire back panels of cereal boxes which show a baseball player, as well as ice cream cup lids, various discs, and products of Larry Fritsch. Now bottle caps do not count unless they have an insert on which a player is shown, also AAA certified book pictures do not count, nor does stamps nor coins which show a player. Products such as Ray-O-Print, Journal American Contests and the NJ State lottery tickets may be cards, in addition, E91s, matchbooks, 1957 Swift Franks, even Gould statue holders are cards. Fortunately baseball bucks are not cards, but Scrapps and other cut outs may be.

Please provide any correction, clarification or expansion as you may feel necessary.

Thank you.